How to Pitch Your Film Panel Includes Industry Experts and Sparks Local Talent
The Greater Erie Film Office partnered with the Eerie Horror Fest and indie-film experts from Blood Oath to inform and coach an audience of Erie creatives on how to shape their ideas into well-formed pitches.
The goal of the event was to educate filmmakers, writers and other creators to on how to communicate their ideas succinctly to capture the attention of those with the power to take them to the next level.
Two teams had the opportunity to pitch their ideas to the panel for constructive feedback on their delivery, both to hone pitches for their projects and for the audience to watch a valuable case study.
Festival director John C. Lyons has more local filmmaker-focused events planned in the future.
- Marc Blucas (producer: Unearth, The Day, Cold Dead Hands)
- Jacqueline George (VP Production, Warner Bros / Production Executive: Tales From the Crypt, Batman & Robin / Producer: Demolition Man, Richie Rich, Cheetah Girls)
- Aaron B. Koontz (producer: The Pale Door, Camera Obscura, Starry Eyes)
- Brandon Hill (acquisitions: Cinedigm / producer: Nightmare Cinema)
- David Guglielmo (casting: The Standoff at Sparrow Creek, Satanic Panic / filmmaker: No Way to Live)
Both Marc Blucas and Jacqueline George are native to Northwestern Pennsylvania and advisors to the Film Society of Northwestern Pennsylvania and Greater Erie Film Office. Listen to our interview with Marc on the Film Grain podcast here.
Check out the gallery below or view the whole album on the Eerie Horror Fest Facebook page.