If you love film and want to give back to our community and the arts in a new, different way - this may be the perfect role for you!
The Greater Erie Film Office (GEFO) is seeking a Production Coordinator to provide assistance for visiting film and television productions in Northwestern Pennsylvania and to organize opportunities for education and outreach for regional filmmakers.
- Operate as the main point of contact for productions and assist with finding and securing locations, crew, equipment, and other resources for film-television projects
- Liaison between our region’s city services and production teams when filming, as well as state and federal government
- Assist the Film Commissioner in their promotion of GEFO’s mission
- Work with incoming producers on the PA Film Tax Credit Program applications
- Organize public workshops and outreach that provide industry education and information to the regional film community
- Coordinate with GEFO, local, and visiting productions to showcase continued media production
- Execute successful social media campaigns
- Coordinate weekly newsletter
- Update lists of local contacts
The production coordinator has excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent time management and organization, creativity and initiative, and a professional and positive attitude. This is a volunteer position that receives a monthly stipend with possible project-based compensation. Weekly hours average around 10.
The Production Coordinator reports to the Film Commissioner/Director of GEFO. GEFO is a program of the Film Society of Northwestern Pennsylvania, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to elevate Erie’s film industry, empower regional filmmakers, and foster patronage for the art of film. Averages ten hours per week.
Those interested in the role of Production Coordinator should contact us at email@example.com.